Our School Uniform
We have a school uniform and expect all children to wear it. The uniform requirements for children are listed below.
- Black or grey trousers, skirts or pinafore dresses (no jogging bottoms, track suits, leggings or jeans).
- White, black or grey tights or socks.
- White polo shirt (with school motif wherever possible and no designer labels).
- Red sweatshirt or cardigan (with school motif wherever possible).
- A pair of black sturdy trainers or shoes without any obvious markings. (No fashion shoes/high heels).
- A summer dress (blue and white or red and white gingham).
Uniform can be purchased from:
- Whittakers Schoolwear, 5 Low Street, Airedale Centre, Keighley, BD21 3PJ. Tel 01535 611211
- Embroidery in House, 182 Highgate Road, Clayton Heights, Bradford, BD13 1DS. Tel 01274 889299
- Term Time Wear, 5 Saint John's Road, Huddersfield, HD1 5AY. Tel 01484 453534
Term Time Wear order forms for sweatshirts, cardigans and polo shirts, as well as P.E. kit and name tapes, are available at the school office.
Bulk orders are sent every half term, but we are always happy to place ‘one off’ orders if required.
Remember to clearly mark all clothing and personal property with your child’s name.
On the day your child has PE, they should come to school in their PE kit. This minimises time spent getting changed, and maximises learning time.
Reception - Friday
Year 1 - Tuesday & Friday
Year 2 - Thursday & Friday
Year 3 - Wednesday & Thursday
Year 4 - Monday & Wednesday
Year 5 - Monday & Tuesday
Year 6 - Monday & Friday
Our PE kit includes:
- Black tracksuit bottoms (no logos)
- Black jumper/hoody (no logos)
- Red t-shirt
- Plain black shorts (when warmer) – or under tracksuit bottoms as some activities such as gymnastics don’t suit tracksuit bottoms.
- Sturdy black trainers (no logos). (Depending on what children are doing week to week, they may have bare feet for PE)
Please note that for safety reasons we ask all children with long hair to tie their hair back during P.E. and games lessons and when using some specialist equipment in science, art, food technology etc. Hair should be neat and tidy, hair gel should not be used and any hair accessories such as clips, slides, beads etc should be kept to a minimum.
Jewellery and make up (including nail varnish) should not be worn in school. Earrings are not allowed, except for children with pierced ears, who may wear studs on those days when they do not have swimming or P.E. On swimming and P.E. days studs should not be worn. The only exception to this rule is if a child’s ears have very recently been pierced, in which case they may wear their studs provided they have been covered with tape (by a parent) before coming to school. Once the lesson is over the child may remove the tape.
Children may wear an ordinary watch when they are able to tell the time but responsibility for its safe keeping belongs to them, and the school will not be held responsible for any losses.
Nursery and Reception can bring a bag with spare clothes.
All children from Reception Class through to Year 5 should have a bookbag, that they bring to school every day. These can be purchased from the office at a cost of £8.50. Children from year 1-5 should not be bringing any other kind of bag to school.
Year 6 pupils are allowed to bring a backpack/rucksack if they wish to, otherwise, they should bring a school bookbag.
For anyone entitled to free school meals who are in receipt of certain benefits, there is also a fund in school to help with school uniform costs. If you would like to know more about this, ask at the school office.