In this section you will find information from the Parents of Denholme, along with useful links and other items of information which may be of interest.
Free School Meals
Since September 2014 all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 have been able to have a free school meal, regardless of the income of their parents. There is a concern that parents on non-working benefits who would have qualified for 'eligibility based' free school meals are no longer applying as there is no discernible benefit for them. This could mean a loss of Pupil Premium Funding to the school.
School could be missing out on extra funding for your child if you are eligible to receive free school meals and do not claim them.
Parents are entitled to free school meals for their children if you are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) with an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) of less than £16,190
- Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit only)
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Services)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
For more information on Free School Meals please tel: 01274 432772 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the following link https://www.bradford.gov.uk/benefits/applying-for-benefits/free-school-meals/
The benefits of children getting a free and nutritionally balanced meal are well documented, but children who qualify for Free School Meals may also get help with the following:
- help with the cost of school trips
- help with travel costs to school
- help with school uniform costs
- help with council run music lessons at school
- extra funding to support them at school. This funding is know as the Pupil Premium. Primary schools will receive £1,345 this year for every child registered for free school meals.
School Closure due to Snow/Bad Weather
If school is not able to open due to snow or other adverse weather conditions parents/carers will be notified in the following ways:
- by text message - please ensure that we have up-to-date mobile numbers
- details will be posted on our website
- our school will be listed on Bradford Schools Online bso.bradford.gov.uk under Closed Schools
- announcements will be made on local radio stations
It is our aim to keep school open if this is at all possible, taking full account of the health and safety of staff and pupils.
If weather conditions worsen during the school day and it becomes necessary to close school, parents and carers will be notified by text message. Under these circumstances we would appreciate children being collected as soon as possible. Any children who cannot be collected will be cared for in school until arrangements can be made for them to get home safely.
To help keep telephone lines open, please try to avoid telephoning the school.