New Starters - Sept 2020
Mrs Pierce has put together a presentation which should give you all the information you and your child will need about starting school and what life will be like in Reception class:
Here are some photos of the current Reception class working in the provision:
Further information about Free School Meals
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are able to have a free school meal, regardless of the income of their parents. There is a concern that parents on non-working benefits who would have qualified for 'eligibility based' free school meals are no longer applying as there is no discernible benefit for them. This could mean a loss of Pupil Premium Funding to the school.
School could be missing out on extra funding for your child if you are eligible to receive free school meals and do not claim them.
Parents are entitled to free school meals for their children if you are in receipt of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Universal Credit
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) with an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) of less than £16,190
- Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit only)
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Services)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
For more information on Free School Meals please tel: 01274 432772 or email: email@example.com or click on the following link https://www.bradford.gov.uk/benefits/applying-for-benefits/free-school-meals/
The benefits of children getting a free and nutritionally balanced meal are well documented, but children who qualify for Free School Meals may also get help with the following:
- help with the cost of school trips
- help with travel costs to school
- help with school uniform costs
- help with council run music lessons at school
- extra funding to support them at school. This funding is know as the Pupil Premium. Primary schools will receive £1,345 this year for every child registered for free school meals.