Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is of the highest quality and underpins a rich and exciting curriculum which captures pupils’ interest and motivates them to learn. Ofsted March 2014
- The learner is at the heart of all we do
- The trust will follow a moral approach, based on inclusive educational values
- An emphasis on the importance of transitions between education settings and the creation of a seamless learning journey
- A commitment to partnership with families and the wider community
- The value of creativity in the curriculum
- A focus on high expectations, achievement and excellent progress for all, valuing the development of broader skills and attributes which are less easy to measure
- Support for all who work at our schools, linked to professional development opportunities
Click here to see the latest school meals menu.
Free School Meals
School could be missing out on extra funding for your child if you are eligible to receive free school meals and do not claim them.
Click here for further information.
School Uniform Assistance
If you are eligible for Free School Meals you will also be eligible to receive help towards the cost of school clothing. Please click here to read our School Uniform Assistance Policy.
The Department for Education has made some important changes to school attendance legislation - please click here for further information.
News and features from BBC News - Education and Family
- Pupils to sit times tables check from 2019
Pupils in England will sit a times tables check, from 2019, at the end of their primary schooling.
- 'More spent on free schools as older buildings deteriorate'
The government has pledged billions for free schools while existing buildings are deteriorating, wat…
- Prince Harry praises teacher 'compassion'
The best teachers go beyond academic lessons to pass on lessons in compassion, says Prince Harry.
100% Attendance Award Winners and Stars of the Week
w/e 10th February 2017
Click here to read the latest school Newsletter.
Here is just a small selection of the wonderful dinosaurs you will find on Key Stage One's Dinosaur Trail. Click here to see the rest of the collection.
Latest Denholme Primary School Calendar Events
- February Half Term Holiday18Feb2017
- Consultation Evening28Feb2017
3:30 pm - 6:00 pm @ Classrooms
- Consultation Evening01Mar2017
5:00 pm - 7:30 pm @ Classrooms
- Duckling Hatching - Year 207Mar2017
@ Year 2 Classroom/Community Room
As part of their new topic ‘It’s Alive’, the children in Year 2 will be having a duckling hatching experience. This will involve an ethical, responsible provider bringing the fertilised eggs into school along with an incubator and all the equipment that might be needed for their birth and stay. This experience will enrich and develop the children’s experiences of growth and change, and it will form the core of the English, mathematics and science experiences throughout the topic.