Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is of the highest quality and underpins a rich and exciting curriculum which captures pupils’ interest and motivates them to learn. Ofsted March 2014
Denholme Nursery 30 Hour Offer Survey
Working parents/carers of 3 and 4 year olds across the country may be eligible for a further 15 hours free childcare in addition to the existing free 15 hours early education entitlement, if they meet certain criteria.
Click here for more information.
Click here for the Survey
- The learner is at the heart of all we do
- The trust will follow a moral approach, based on inclusive educational values
- An emphasis on the importance of transitions between education settings and the creation of a seamless learning journey
- A commitment to partnership with families and the wider community
- The value of creativity in the curriculum
- A focus on high expectations, achievement and excellent progress for all, valuing the development of broader skills and attributes which are less easy to measure
- Support for all who work at our schools, linked to professional development opportunities
Click here to see the latest school meals menu.
Free School Meals
School could be missing out on extra funding for your child if you are eligible to receive free school meals and do not claim them.
Click here for further information.
100% Attendance Award Winners and Stars of the Week
w/e 24th March 2017
Click here to read the latest school Newsletter.
Here is just a small selection of the wonderful dinosaurs that you could find on Key Stage One's Dinosaur Trail. Click here to see the rest of the collection.
Latest Denholme Primary School Calendar Events
- May Day Closure01May2017
- Full Governing Body Meeting03May2017
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Year 4 Residential15May2017
Year 4 will stay overnight at the York Youth Hostel. Some of the places they will visit during their stay include the Railway Museum, Jorvik Viking Centre and the Dig.
- Y5 Visit to Bradford Industrial Museum17May2017
8:45 am - 3:15 pm @ Bradford Industrial Museum
To enhance their topic about Bradford and the Industrial Revolution the children will take part in workshops about Victorian classrooms and about how wool was turned into cloth in the mills.
- Year 6 Day Trip to London25May2017
7:30 am - 10:00 pm @ London
Year 6 will travel by train to London, where they will see many of the sites, use the Underground, visit the Natural History Museum and the London Eye.
News and features from BBC News - Education and Family
- School funding: Shorter school week should be considered, say head teachers
Introducing a four-and-a-half day week in England would be a last resort, head teachers say.
- Sats tests: Exam results 'manipulated for political agenda'
Head teachers express concerns that exam results can be manipulated by politicians and their agencie…
- Head teachers vote to oppose grammar school expansion
The National Association of Head Teachers backed moves to reject a new wave of grammar schools.