Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is of the highest quality and underpins a rich and exciting curriculum which captures pupils’ interest and motivates them to learn. Ofsted March 2014
- The learner is at the heart of all we do
- The trust will follow a moral approach, based on inclusive educational values
- An emphasis on the importance of transitions between education settings and the creation of a seamless learning journey
- A commitment to partnership with families and the wider community
- The value of creativity in the curriculum
- A focus on high expectations, achievement and excellent progress for all, valuing the development of broader skills and attributes which are less easy to measure
- Support for all who work at our schools, linked to professional development opportunities
Click here to see the latest school meals menu.
Free School Meals
School could be missing out on extra funding for your child if you are eligible to receive free school meals and do not claim them.
Click here for further information.
News and features from BBC News - Education and Family
- Tuition fees: Theresa May challenges university costs
The prime minister launches review amid "serious concerns" about university costs in England.
- Lecturers want 'radical' tuition fee review
Lecturers want fundamental changes to how universities are funded and not 'tinkering at the edges'.
- Lack of good religious education ‘leaves pupils at risk’
Quality RE lessons help stop religious stereotyping, says the Religious Education Council.
DENHOLME PRIMARY SCHOOL NURSERY
Currently all 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to up to 15 hours of free childcare over 38 weeks. From September working parents who meet the criteria could be entitled to an extra 15 hours of free childcare. We will be offering this at Denholme Primary School and hope to be able to offer at least ten 30 hour places. To see if you are eligible for the additional 15 hours of free childcare, please go to https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/.
In addition, we would also like to offer more flexibility for parents of children who are only accessing the 15 hours entitlement by allowing them to choose the sessions their children will attend (subject to availability).
Further details are available from the school office.
Click here to read the latest school Newsletter.
Latest Denholme Primary School Calendar Events
- February Half Term Holiday10Feb2018
- Consultation Evening27Feb2018
3:30 pm - 6:00 pm @ Classrooms
- School Nurse Drop-In28Feb2018
8:30 am - 9:00 am @ Community Room
A chance to speak briefly about any concerns and arrange another appointment, if necessary. Please telephone 01274 221203.
- Consultation Evening28Feb2018
5:00 pm - 7:30 pm @ Classrooms
- SCIENCE Week12Mar2018
Details to follow